Tuesday, July 03, 2007

A New Month

There was this beauty in the full moon several days ago. It was so round and full, ready to be filled with hope.

Well, I finally quit my job on Monday. I think the boss finally realized her illegal means in trying to keep me beyond my will through the threat of subtraction in pay. By then I did not care about money. Life...my time...was all there is to be valued. The moment I left the building and said goodbye to my good hearted coworkers, I was sprung with phone calls of potential jobs that wanted me for the hours I put in, and at a higher rate than 30RMB/hr.

Though my days just last longer than the usual 9-6, I felt so much more comfortable even simply knowing I was not bound by restraints and work exhaustion. Well, today is the 4th of July, so I guess it is the best day to feel like this.

Previously, I had so much in my mind to talk about. I don't regret working where I did, though I did literally grow a grey hair from the experience. I met new friends there. For the short period of time they were there studying, I enjoyed spending my time with them.

I never knew the extreme value of my smile. I always try to keep an upgoing happy face as I know a smile goes a long way. That is, until a coworker told me, "You were the first person to smile at me in the office". I felt really touched by that statement because sometimes I just smile for the sake of I can move those muscles, and I never knew how much a smile can be remembered from a person. A smile is definitely the first connecting bridge to diplomacy and I hope peoples' smiles can really make a difference in the world.

No comments: