Tuesday, September 11, 2007

My senioritis has fortunately come to an abrupt end

As today was the final day to add/drop courses, and I blamed my security clearance at the State Dept internship my excuse to put life on hold, I wandered down to the finanical aid office to see if there was any enlightenment on my financial decision making. I could technically graduate in December, as that was my much debated decision, or spend about $4,000 in loans, take some classes, and graduate in May. Though the financial aid advisor assured that I would be covered for all 4 years as long as it is for my undergraduate coursework, she sat me down in her office, only to then give me a good slap of reality and shove my hesitant self through the doors of the real scary world out there.

I don't think I ever exactly identified my daily debate as being afraid of hitting the real world until she specifically pinpointed it out now. And then she went onto telling me to get my lil bottom to the career center to see how I can afford grad school since it appeared I already had a plan, just jumbled it up along the way. Indeed so.

So afterwards with a cleared head and once again changing my stance on whether I should graduate early or linger about (it did change daily), I finally got up the nerve to also check out when the GREs are as well. October 27th. Which is about 1 month and 16 days from now. If I can recall, I believe I spent ages preparing for the SATs and still did not the greatest. fan-tas-tic.

So I go a cracking up my GRE prep book that I open for the first time since purchase, and realized I don't even get a calculator to use for the test. I'm even stripped of my only reason to persuade my dad to get me a new calculator since my brother broke my old one. After a bit of internal whimpering and slight bitterness (though it does save me a good chunk of money...which then goes towards the ridiculous $140 testing fee) I start reading and was surprisingly focused. I think its not too bad, once I started reading. It's almost in layman's terms...giving me baby steps back into reality. If I can continue with this newfound concentrated energy, then I may just possibly do well.

Ah well, probably that TI-83 was made in china anyways.

No comments: