Thursday, January 25, 2007

Step by Step, Day by Day


I've got to say that despite the chaoticness of life on certain days, I'm doing pretty well. I enjoy running around like some crazy lady, multitasking. Oddly enough, I've fallen 3 times since being in DC in a week and a half. Somehow I slipped/tripped on myself. I do wonder how that happens to me, but I no longer question it and laugh at it like all those who also witness the event. LoL.
I'm still crashing at my friend's apartment, and I actually found a place that is nearby campus to sublet for about 2 months, starting February 23. That's when the girl flies out to Thailand. It's about a good time for me, especially since it's after my internship's national meeting from February 14-17, then along the time with some exams and papers. As long as my friend doesn't get sick of me hanging around it's all good. I'm quite glad I have still a handful of people I know in DC that are willing to give me a helping hand, it means so much to me after learning so much as changed in the past few months. It's like- yeahh, I see some people I know around campus and they sort of just look in shock that I'm back. I suppose a year is long, and I've seen the effects it has had.

Then I just joined this Society for Peace and Conflict Resolution, where they have a one day conference in March, which seems amazingly cool. They will publish a book on young leaders in today's society, and how they are leading the scene working with little funding and many events. So I brought up my case about my proposal to do student exchanges with disadvantaged Chinese (preferably female) students. I have been trying to work on different fundings that won't make the rich students take up all the opportunities.

Sometimes when I talk, I do wonder what comes out of my mouth, if it is coherent and logical. Especially when I speak in my Japanese Political Economy class, where I claimed according to my experience in China, perhaps corruption in a 3rd world country that is attempting to build itself up really isn't a bad idea. I'm awfully silly, and I do sometimes wonder how people keep up with my awkward pace.

No comments: