Sunday, March 25, 2007

Irony of Me

This new idea of mine set in: How we are so consumed in our own thoughts that we sometimes cannot see through others. I mean the world is either complicated or not complicated. Just that we make it more complicated since we only think about ourselves. Heck, no matter how much I try to do simple good deeds each day, I have to admit (as I now see it), it's all about me, me, what I want to eat for my next meal, and more me. Of course, I also do think about my friends, but now I really think about it, probably 90% of the time, it is about my friends and how they are related are related to me. It's like- the problem with me and so and so person, and as I try to read and understand this person, I goes back to how this person and I do so and so. Apologies for the vagueness but this is related to ME (haha) and the vast examples I'm trying to put each of the random people I know in.

There are those times when I do think about other people. I mean, a good portion of the time I think about other people, try to feel how they feel (usually I do that when I'm bored and people watching), but I draw that back to me.

I forget about all this at times, close myself up in a box of Me, believe the world revolves around Me (in some weird extent) and become a close minded selfishness...the psychology in all this of me...causing self inflicted psychological pain for no real reason. The world is small, our lives are even smaller, so not to break it to you or myself, our little egos of Me's must take a step back and do a reality check from time to time. I tell this to myself more as I realized the roller coaster emotions of my weekend in human nature and observing people.

The Me attitude and the 'I don't care' attitude... are both in me. Which as I now type this up, sounds even worse as I realize the deadly combination of the two. I guess I haven't found the perfect formula in life yet.

I'm sure others have this issue too, but it was just something that I observed in myself this weekend.

No comments: